Plenary Session of The House of Representative on Thursday 28th May 2020
- Speaker of the House of Representatives reads a letter of communication from President Muhammadu Buhari seeking approval for the revised 2020-2022 mid-term expenditure framework (MTEF) and 2020 National Budget as “it is necessary due to the sharp cut in the global oil price as well as drop-in local oil production.”President Muhammadu Buhari is also seeking the House approval to borrow locally & internationally to finance capital projects as well as finance projects to support state governors in the 2020 budget The letter was referred to the House Committee on loans & debt management
- A Bill for an Act to Amend the Appropriations Act, 2020 to Authorize the issue from the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation the total sum of N10,509,654,033,053 (N10.5 trillion naira) has passed second reading. Out of the N10.5 trillion naira, N398,505,979,362 (Three Hundred and Ninety-Eight Billion, Five Hundred and Five Million, Nine Hundred and Seventy-Nine Thousand, Three Hundred and Sixty-Two Naira) only, is for Statutory Transfers. While N2,951,710,000,000 (Two Trillion, Nine Hundred and Fifty-One Billion, Seven Hundred and Ten Million Naira) only, is for Debt Service.
- Recurrent expenditure is budgeted to be N4,928,525,467,849 (Four Trillion, Nine Hundred and Twenty- Eight Billion, Five Hundred and Twenty-Five Million, Four Hundred and Sixty-Seven Thousand, Eight Hundred and Forty-Nine Naira) only (Non-Debt Expenditure) While the sum of N2,230,912,585,842 (Two Trillion, Two Hundred & Thirty Billion, Nine Hundred & Twelve Million, Five Hundred & Eighty – Five Thousand, Eight Hundred and Forty-Two Naira) only, is for contribution to the Development Fund for Capital Expenditure.
- Henry Nwawuba laid a report of the Adhoc committee chairman on the $10 million bribery allegation made against the House.
- A motion of adjournment was moved by the House leader Alhassan Ado Doguwa, Rep. and seconded by Rep. Abubakar Hassan Fulata, the House adjourned Plenary till Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020.